It's been such a relaxing weekend :) I've been wanting to blog all weekend but I haven't really had any new and exciting Ethiopia updates. (Emily did go to Crossfit with me yesterday and she kicked butt! She's going to need all the endurance and strength she can get when we go to Ethiopia and have to hike up hills in Acheber! Mwahaha!)
Anyways...back on track...I check my Facebook and there it is! MICRO LOANS! When Jaime and I came back from Ethiopia the first time, making sure nuggets were clothed and taken care of was heavy on our hearts. Clothing them didn't seem to be enough though and we truly believed God was doing AMAZING things in Ethiopia. The villages we went to and the people we met truly touched our hearts. We wanted them to be able to create and sustain an economy that would provide for generations to come. Jaime being the Godly genius woman that she is dreamed up a Micro Loan process. With the support of EAVO and Abreham (he lives in Ethiopia and works for EAVO) we identified families that were in need and wrote up the contracts. Of course this process took some time but GOD MADE IT HAPPEN!
Ayele has been really heavy on my heart lately. I pray for him and his family daily. I know that God will provide for him but I just miss him so much. I hate that he's growing up and I'm missing it. His family is one of the families that will be receiving a micro loan. He lives with his mom and older brother and sister. The one thing I loved about his mom is how much she provided not just for her own children but the children of Acheber in general. Here she is, a single parent and she was not only trying to feed me and my team but every other child that followed us. She loves her children so much that she's willing to give them up so that they could have a better life. Do you know how hard it was to not pack Ayele in my suitcase?! He's the cutest kid in the world!
I'm excited about Micro Loans, I'm excited about the work that God is doing in Ethiopia, I am excited for the burden he has placed on my heart for Ethiopia, I am excited that I have the opportunity to stay connected to a community that I love so much. I am excited to be a part of a church family that supports the love I have for Ethiopia, I am excited for ENGAGE to see how God is using their gifts each week. Here are some pictures of a family signing the loan contract and getting their goats! Precious! Thank you Abrehamye (Fun Fact: ye=my, adding a "ye" to the end of someones name is saying "My Abreham." He calls me Krissye and I call him Abrehamye :) )
One of the families receiving their Goats aka a Micro Loan. LOVE YOU NUGGETS!
YES YES YES!
Holy cuteness!
This is Abrehamye. Lover of nuggets and Jesus :)
Ayele's home. Andre & I with his family.
My boy!






No comments:
Post a Comment